Senior Software Engineer — User Interface
Sharpsburg PA, 15215
Berkshire Grey has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer — User Interface. The engineer in this role will be responsible for developing web-based user interfaces for the control, monitoring, and visualization of robotic applications. The engineer will also be responsible for building the front-ends and back-ends for the robotic user interfaces. The Senior Software Engineer — User Interface will work closely with the application engineering team to design and develop necessary integrations between user interfaces and main robotic applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Commercial experience in a fast paced, Agile environment
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience programming in Python
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- VCS (Git)
- Issue Tracking Systems (Jira)
- Experience with robotics and robotic solutions
- Modern web application frameworks
- Nginx, Apache
- Flask, guinicorn
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
Expert level understanding of one or more of the following:
- Data Transfer (GraphQL - Graphene, WebSockets)
- Asynchronous/Concurrent Programming
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB)
- 3D visualization (three.js, babylon.js)
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, gRPC)
- CI/CD processes (Jenkins, Automated Testing)
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.