Principal Program Manager – Mobile Robotics Business Unit
Bedford MA, 01730
The Principal Program Manager for Mobile Robotics will own the entire product development process from concept to implementation. She/He will work cross-functionally with cross functional lead from Engineering, Product Management, Manufacturing, operations, and Marketing bringing solutions to customers on time and under the cost envelope. This person will have financial oversight and accountability for the business unit.
- Own, drives and actively facilitate the interaction of cross-functional stakeholders to bring solutions to market, including managing risks, schedule, cost and quality.
- Manage a team of 2-4 program managers focused on career acceleration and active mentoring.
- Accountable to deliver all elements of the program, from solution ideation to end-of-life.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure product components can meet manufacturing and customer demands.
- Collate data to help drive decision making across the cross-functional teams.
- Identify program risks, develop mitigation/contingency and track progress.
- Spot resource and knowledge gaps and take steps necessary to highlight/remedy.
- Channel global information to local teams, act as conduit to support the business.
Technical Skills & Requirements:
- Master’s degree or equivalent with technical background preferred.
- 10 to 15 Years Post-graduate Experience Desired (Supply Chain/Logistics experience preferred).
- 5-7 years of program management or product management experience required.
- Cross-functional leadership skills – proactive ownership, prioritize & execute, inspire creativity, drive accountability.
- Familiar with MS Project (or similar), Excel and Visio.
- High energy, with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Assertive, confident, capable.
- Excellent peer collaboration in person and in writing.
- Ability to effectively manage time and tasks under constraints.
- Comfortable with constant need to adopt and evolve.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.