Bedford MA, 01730
Berkshire Grey has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and hands-on Facilities professional to lead our Facilities team, develop strategies, and processes for the successful running of our facilities, and create a safe and efficient work environment at all our locations. The Facilities Manager will partner and collaborate across teams to ensure our facility supports our rapidly growing organization. This position requires high energy, commitment to excellence, strong leadership skills, and a successful track record in facilities management.
- Build relationships with management, peers, employees, vendors and contractors to effectively maintain and support Berkshire Grey’s facility needs
- Lead facilities operations, including engineering and office space; ensure all spaces meet company needs and are scalable
- Select, manage, and/or develop vendors to manage service schedules, repair and maintenance issues, etc.
- Prepare and maintain facilities budgets, monitor spending, and keep projects on time and within budget
- Support business expansion to new sites and locations as needed
- Ensure compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of all governmental and accrediting agencies as they relate to facilities, maintenance and safety
- Develop, maintain, and train employees on safety procedures
- Occasional travel between Boston-area facilities, Pittsburgh area facilities, and new offices as they come online is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management, Engineering, Project Management or related discipline.
- 3-5 years leading and developing staff to improve Facilities activities and developing appropriate strategies and processes to effectively achieve business requirements.
- 8-10 years of experience, with emphasis on Facilities management, buildout strategy, lease negotiation, compliance, vendor and contractor management
- Project management experience
- Well-organized, high attention to detail, deadline oriented and self-motivated
- Knowledge of building regulations and laws
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience with Project Planning tools and Microsoft Office products: Outlook, PowerPoint; Excel, Word
- Experience in high-tech companies and/or engineering industry preferred
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.