Enterprise Development Representative (Europe)
Sales & Marketing
Berkshire Grey UK is looking for an innovative and motivated Enterprise Development Representative. This is an exciting, dynamic role for someone interested in Sales and Business Development as well as working within the fast-growing world of AI and robotics. Initially, the application focus will be on supply chain-related solutions. You will be part of the front-line team (along with Strategic Account Directors) hunting and identifying new opportunities that fill the sales pipeline. In this role, you will find, educate, and qualify leads developed through your own as well as marketing initiatives. There will be a majority emphasis on outbound prospecting to the target account(s). You will interact with potential clients through calls, email, and social media. You will identify targets for outbound campaigns and maintain detailed records of all activity and results in Salesforce. Your success is linked to the superior experience of our customers as they proceed through their buying journey.
This position is located in Reading, UK, and Berkshire Grey encourages all employees to work from the office. This position reports to the EMEA Enterprise Development Manager.
Work to support the sales team to target and map the target account(s)
- Build a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases and external tools to identify leads
Provide an excellent customer experience with each point of contact, and become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Continually follow-up with and monitor passed leads, to ensure a consistent customer experience and maintain momentum
Drive pipeline for the EMEA Sales Organization through outbound prospecting and leveraging any inbound leads
- Work closely and collaboratively with assigned regional sales execs to develop and execute prospecting activities
- Telephone and email into targeted accounts, utilize lists or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities
Work closely with Marketing to execute the demand generation playbook for crafting monthly email marketing campaigns, and identifying and targeting prospects at key accounts
- Collaborate with Marketing to further improve on what messaging and positioning is working best in prospecting efforts
Understand the needs and goals of each customer in order to best align them with the appropriate resources or internal teams for follow-up
- Communicate the value proposition by thoroughly understanding company products and business values
- Work closely with Enterprise Development Manager to ensure continued top target account alignment as well as partner alliance development
- Ensure the accuracy of lead data in Salesforce, including identifying sources, contact data and associating leads & contacts with account records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience in cold calling preferred
- Demonstrate an aptitude/ability to learn new technology
- Customer Focus: experience and desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, semi-structured startup environment
- You have a Degree in Business, Marketing, or another related field
- 1-3 years previous experience in Sales, Business Development with demonstrated ability to target enterprise accounts
- Proficient with Salesforce, LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, and sales automation tools
- European language skills considered an advantage
The successful candidate must bring intellectual, professional and possess personal values that complement the BG team. These characteristics include but are not limited to;
- Genuine curiosity in people, markets, technology, and business landscapes. A desire to learn and understand what our products do and how they can help with so many business challenges. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Collaborative team player: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to results: consistently achieves goals demonstrating high performance
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish — doesn’t give up
- Resilience, tolerance for change/ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Accountable: You keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and you have the highest level of integrity.
- Possess a “customer first” mentality with the ability to execute in line with overall business goals
- Strong personal initiative and self-starter mentality
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.