Deployment Engineer - Robotics / Mechatronics (Japan)
The Deployment Engineer will be responsible for deploying Berkshire Grey robotic solutions at customer sites. They will be the primary “boots on the ground” employee in the field and will work towards complete install and commissioning of intelligent robotic systems, facing any technical problems head-on. Individuals will need to be comfortable interfacing with various departments, particularly engineering in the U.S.
Currently we are looking for someone in the Tokyo area, but this position may involve travel throughout Japan in the future.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- Ability to interface with customers successfully and professionally.
- Ability to understand technical drawings (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc).
- Comfort working with mechanical systems.
- Able to setup and configure software, hardware, and robotics systems.
- Perform on-site hardware and software support during initial system deployment and continue to monitor performance of our robotics system.
- Execute field retrofits or upgrades as needed during the project implementation phase.
- Work with interdisciplinary engineering teams to escalate and troubleshoot field issues and verify system assembly, performance and function.
- Execute site acceptance testing and provide information including screen shots, logs, debug codes as necessary to the engineering team.
- Ensure safety and accuracy in system performance.
- Manage onsite relationships with multiple internal and external teams during the on-site implementation of the system.
- Continue to provide on-site post implementation support to the customer.
- Comfort working as part of a team as well as an independent performer.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Must be willing to be hands on in a warehouse/distribution environment and be on call nights / weekends as may be necessary.
- Due to COVID 19 travel restrictions, candidate must hold Japanese citizenship so that they are able to travel there in the foreseeable future.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Project management interest and/or experience.
- Industrial robotics or other industrial engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Python, git, Linux, C++.
- Experience with micro-controllers and micro-processor systems.
- Understanding of components of CPU and/or GPU.
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP).
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.