Vice President, Sales — Parcels
Sales & Marketing
Berkshire Grey is experiencing strong demand for our suite of products and we are looking to grow our team with senior sales leaders who have demonstrated success in B2B sales. The ideal candidate is one who can lead teams of sales directors and solutions architects to drive sales and achieve aggressive growth targets. The VP of Sales will lead efforts to qualify and develop leads, understanding our customers’ business goals, identify sales opportunities, build key relationships with economic buyers, lead and close complex sales negotiations with support from the product and solutions teams, grow bookings and revenue per plan, and generate a base of delighted customers who will act as references and brand ambassadors across industries.
- Lead a team of experienced professionals executing on aggressive growth targets in the business unit
- Establish strategic relationships with key accounts at the “C” level
- Achieve sales targets (bookings and number of robotic systems) for commercial customers, including pilot projects that can scale in the future
- Actively manage a sales pipeline and execute the successful sales process necessary for long complex sales cycles
- Operate as a key member of the business unit leadership team, helping to set strategy and go to market approach
- Actively participate in trade shows and marketing events
- Support recruiting and training of members of the Go-to-Market team including Sales, Solutions, Services, and Support
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Have recent and significant (10+ years) experience closing traditional and “X as a Service” deals over $5M+ involving hardware, software, and professional services at the Vice President level
- Either sold to and worked with CEO, COO, EVP, SVP level executives to close deals or been employed by either 3PL or Parcels at a senior leadership level
- Experience working with a solution design or sales engineers to translate customer needs into a system design
- Collaborate well with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing
- Experience in a startup environment, and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Ability to think strategically, but be willing to dive into the hands-on details
- Exercise strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high-stress situations
- Experience hiring and developing a high performing team of professionals
- Relevant experience in warehouse automation or supply chain
- Have phenomenal communication skills
- Be willing to travel extensively both to customer sites and if not local to the Boston area, our corporate headquarters in Bedford, MA
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.